AlmaCrawler officially launched the new JIBBI 1890 PRiMO at bauma 2022, a new full electric product for its line of self-levelling telescopic boom platforms.
Equipped with our unique patented automatic bi-leveling system that allows it to work and travel on slopes up to 22°, the JIBBI 1890 PRiMO is self-propelled up to 14m and allows the operator to safely work in a wide range of job site conditions without sacrificing efficiency. With a 10m outreach and a maximum basket capacity of 250kg, it features a number of industry-demanded new features, including:
- Fully removable power pack designed to ensure infinite autonomy and be easily transported for off-site charging. With a choice between interchangeable Lead Acid or Lithium power packs, and two critical options for recharging: the standard 110/220 VAC input or via the industry-first EV Type 2 input, the PRiMO is designed for flexibility.
- Completely reimagined controller for a streamlined user experience based on industry-accepted standards and rental sector needs. Two USB recharging stations available on each controller.
- Anti-Entrapment System as a standard feature – a safety system designed to prevent serious injury by stopping the unit but allowing space for the operator to safely remove himself.
- Electric Drive – the fully electric JIBBI 1890 PRiMO can be driven at a max speed of 4.5 km/h thanks to its electric drive, essentially bridging the gap between standard flat surface mobility and tracked machinery.
- Automatic Tensioner System – is the first JIBBI in the range to feature our automatic track tensioner system, the technology that creates ZERO MAINTENANCE for the tracks.
The available extras were designed to enhance the operator visibility and safety on the job site:
- Ultrasonic Anti-Collision System, which not only monitors the area above and below the basket by preventing collisions with obstacles during aerial operations, but can also detect the presence of possible potholes or unevenness of the ground during movement at height.
- New work lights as a helpful tool both for nighttime work as well as job sites with limited visibility.
Watch the presentation of the JIBBI 1890 PRiMO here:
Bauma – the largest event in the international MEWP industry is held in Munich every three years – and will take place this year from the 24 to 30 October!
The trade show has established itself as the world’s leading exhibition event in the sector and represents an opportunity for customers and manufacturers to meet in person, as well as the perfect stage for the launch of new products.
AlmaCrawler this year will premiere two completely new products and an evolution of an existing product:
- A new self-propelled tracked platform with telescopic boom, with AlmaCrawler self-levelling technology, fully electric with electric drive – the Jibbi 1890 PRiMO
- The first self-levelling self-propelled telescopic crane that will enrich AlmaCrawler’s Material Handling product range – the T-CRANE 1060
- The new revamped version of the Multi-Loader 2.5 which sees this best-selling ML range product increase its load capacity to 3000kg and switch to full-electric drive – the ML 3.0 BL
Come and visit us at Stand FS.1102/1! You will be able to see the entire AlmaCrawler range of products, including the world premiere of the Jibbi 1890 PRiMO and T-Crane 1060!
Wisequity V fund acquires a majority stake in AlmaCrawler
In just nine years since it was founded in 2013, AlmaCrawler has become a benchmark in the aerial platform and materials handling industry, providing solutions and innovative technology on a global scale and to a wide range of customers.
AlmaCrawler, founded by Andrea Artoni and Pietro Agosta Del Forte, is recognised as one of the most innovative companies in the sector, present worldwide through a consolidated network of partners and with two direct subsidiaries in Australia – Almac Pacific, and the UK – Almac Atlantic.
Today, the company’s goal is to expand the product range and technological offering – with complementary new products – and strengthen the management structure to offer the highest standard of quality in the industry.
With this vital growth objective in mind, Wise Equity – the management company of the Wisequity V fund that has acquired a majority stake – takes a controlling stake into the capital of AlmaCrawler, with Andrea Artoni staying on as company CEO.
Andrea Artoni, founder and CEO, said: ‘Thanks to a deep knowledge of the market, a growth strategy focused on product quality and innovation, and the strength of a young team with exceptional qualities, our group has achieved important results in just a few years. Now is the time to consolidate what has been achieved so far, strengthen the management structure and accelerate growth by evaluating opportunities for future acquisitions. For this reason, we have joined forces with Wise Equity. This partner has already realised many successful aggregation projects in various sectors, enabling the companies involved to achieve important growth targets’.
Luigi Vagnozzi, a partner at Wise Equity, who oversaw the transaction with Ilaria Montefusco, Investment Manager, said:
“We are thrilled to begin this journey with Almac, an example of a small Italian ‘pocket-sized’ multinational company that, by focusing on innovation, has been able to establish itself in just a few years as one of the most interesting players in a global market that sees the presence of major groups. Almac and its management team are the ideal base to start a consolidation project in this sector”.
Ethical business and sustainability are key differentiators today, and we work hard to offer our industry high-performance platforms with reduced environmental impact.
Operating with respect for human and environmental resources is one of the goals that sets us apart.
The production of electric platforms not only responds to market demands for indoor and outdoor use but also contributes to our mission of becoming more sustainable and reducing our negative impact. In this regard, we are proud to announce that we have taken another step forward, as the lithium batteries used in our platforms have become cobalt-free as of 1 January 2022!
In 2020, our cobalt-free battery partner, Aliant Battery, has embarked on a journey to offer the market a range of rechargeable lithium batteries based on lithium iron phosphate – LFP (LiFePO4) technology – that are completely cobalt-free.
This is a great achievement for our industry and we at AlmaCrawler are extremely excited for our supplier’s chosen path because cobalt-free batteries allow a significantly smaller environmental impact due to a reduction in mining activities, better end-of-life management of the batteries due to the ease of recycling the cells, and a reduction in the exploitation of the workforce, the vast majority of which takes place in the Democratic Republic of Congo. In fact, the main source of cobalt is the Democratic Republic of Congo, where there are unsafe and unethical mining practices, with thousands of workers, sometimes underage, working in harsh and dangerous conditions, constantly facing the possibility of death and serious injuries.
Andrea Artoni, General Manager, said: “We are pleased to be able to partner with forward-thinking partners. We carefully choose our supply chain by measuring our goals and expectations against those of our future partners. Aliant Battery has once again proven to the market they have a clear intention to invest in sustainability and innovation. We offer the market platforms with smarter, cleaner batteries in line with our ethical standards because of our commitments and we intend to study more and more sustainable solutions with our partners in the future”.
AlmaCrawler grows its team with four new key members. Davide Manzotti, Cristian Curti, Andrea Franzini and Marco Sanfelici join R&D and Operations!
Andrea Franzini joins the R&D Department after with a twenty-plus-years experience as a design engineer in the truck-mounted platforms and railway maintenance vehicles sector.
Cristian Curti previously worked in the automotive industry, contributing to the implementation of an intranet portal for document management, and was later part of the operations team of an Italian telehandler manufacturer, gaining valuable experience in managing plant and warehouse logistics and optimising production processes.
Davide Manzotti brings a welath of experience from working in the AWP sector in globally recognized Italian manufacturing companies. Thanks to the know-how acquired during his eight years of experience both as Quality Engineer and Production Manager, he joins the team in charge of the production process at AlmaCrawler.
Marco Sanfelici has joined the Software Development Team as a firmware developer for embedded systems, dealing with both platform firmware programming and the self-designed telematics software MyAlmac online portal.
“Our team is growing exponentially as it has been doing for the last 9 years. We have been tremendously lucky to attract talented highly qualified professionals that have enrinched our day to day activities! I am extremely satisfied with the work we are doing, and I am sure that the arrival of Davide, Cristian, Andrea and Marco will bring considerable value.” said Andrea Artoni, General Manager of AlmaCrawler.
AlmaCrawler à JDL EXPO à partir de 22 à 24 JUIN au Stand A7
La JDL EXPO est une des plus importantes foires commerciales dans tout le monde, totalement dédiée à l’industrie et à la construction, avec le focus sur l’écologique. L’évent aura lieu à Beaune – située à une heure de voiture de Lyon, loin des embouteillages et du trafic des grandes villes.
Etes-vous encore incertain à propos de votre prochain investissement ? L’EXPO JDL représente l’occasion pour rencontrer même des clients de longue date que des personnes intéressées qui veulent connaitre mieux nos plateformes. Venez nous rendre visite au Stand A7, nous serons prêts à vous accueillir et à répondre à toutes vos questions !
Qu’est-ce qu’allez-vous voir à la foire?
– A la foire vous pourrez aussi voir la JIBBI U-1570 est le produit parfait pour ceux qui veulent une plate-forme automotrice télescopique sur chenilles avec une hauteur de travail de 15m, mais avec un poids extrêmement faible – moins de 3 tonnes. La Jibbi-1570 peut translater en altitude, il est disponible même avec moteur diesel qu’électrique, et il est équipé de notre système d’auto-nivellement breveté, jusqu’à 15°
– La BIBI 1090, un Un élévateur à ciseaux à chenilles avec une hauteur de travail de 10m. sa caractéristique particulière ? Avec ce plate-form vous pourrez aussi vous bouger en hauteur – max. 6.5m – en restant parfaitement plan, même en pentes to 20°!
– La ML 3.0FX, un mini transporteur à chenilles, qui a une capacité maxime de 3000 kg, qui est extrêmement compacte, totalement électrique et qui est doué d’un bloc- batterie AGM ou en lithium détachable. C’est le choix idéal pour ceux qui doivent gérer des charges lourdes dans d’espaces confiés, même à l’intérieur qu’à l’extérieur.
– Et enfin, le BILLENNIUM B1890 EVO QUICK-PRO, La seule plate-forme chenille 18m spiderboom qui utilise le system AWP
(Adaptive Working Performance) afin de mesurer la zone de stabilisation en temps réel, grâce aux capteurs dans chaque stabilisateur. En plus, il peut travailler en hauteur sans stabilisateurs même sur pentes jusqu’à 10.
Rappelez vous, nous sommes au Stand A7 ! on se verrai là-bas !
Enregistrez-vous ici !
First time going to Vertikal Days with UK-based partners: CPL and GGR Group!
As everyone in the industry knows, Vertikal Days has become one of the most important trade fairs globally, entirely dedicated to the access, crane, telehandler and lifting platform industry, and a great opportunity to connect with old and new customers and partners. You can find us there with two of our partners: CPL – UK distributor for the BIBI, JIBBI and BILLENNIUM product lines – and GGR GROUP – our British market distributor for the MULTI-LOADER line!
Still thinking about what to invest in next? Looking for ready to deliver items on stock in the UK? Then you should definitely come to the Vertikal Days to meet us on STAND 503 and get answers to all your questions, plus you can see in person our products, across all product lines!
What can you see at the show?
- the BIBI 870 and 1090, tracked scissor lifts with a working height of 8m and 10m respectively, equipped with our unique patented automatic self-levelling system. Travel height? Up to 6.5m, even on 20° slopes!
- the JIBBI 1250, U-1570 and 1670, self-propelled tracked telescopic boom lifts, 12m to 16m working height, self-propelled up to 9m. Equipped with our patented automatic self-levelling technology, the Jibbi line can easily work on slopes of up to 15°.
- the ML 3.0 FX and ML 6.0 with Crane, our disruptor tracked transporters designed to meet two different needs.The ML 3.0 FX has a maximum capacity of 3000kg, is super compact, fully electric and suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. While the ML 6.0 has a capacity of up to 6000kg, equipped with a dismountable Crane (max capacity 1000kg). What else? Our automatic self-levelling system, identical to the BIBI!
- And finally, our BILLENNIUM B1890 EVO QUICK-PRO, the only spiderboom tracked platform that safely measures stabilized area in real-time thanks to sensors on each stabilizer, can work without stabilisers even on slopes of up to 10°, and allows for a variable max outreach of 10.9m.
Remember we are on stand 503! See you there!
How to choose the right under 3000kg capacity Multi-Loader for the job
If you’re looking for an innovative solution for impossible situations, you are probably looking for an AlmaCrawler product. In the last 9 years, the company has become synonymous with unconventional, solution-driven product development and a go-to for highly technological access and material handling equipment. The Multi-Loader tracked transporter line added the compact ML 3.0 FX last autumn, with AlmaCrawler pushing the concept of tracked material handling further. But when it comes to choosing a Multi-Loader, which should you go with?
Where will I work?
The first question to ask is where will I need to work. The Multi-Loader line has various transport capacities – the original BL models: ML 2.5 and ML 6.0 both have AlmaCrawler’s unique, patented self-leveling technology that allows them to move loads on uneven terrain with slopes up to 20°, keeping loads safely at 0°. AlmaCrawler takes the idea of material handling to a whole new level thanks to the Multi-Loader’s capacity to provide a solution to what would normally look like an impossible situation.
The newly launched FX model – ML 3.0 FX, is a fixed frame ultra-compact tracked transporter aimed at operators who are looking for a powerful, fast, fits-through-a-door piece of equipment. The two super-quiet AC 5.3 kW engines and long tracks allow it to easily handle a variety of terrains.
Capacity and Load
One factor to consider is the weight of the load you will need to move. AlmaCrawler manufactures 3 types of Multi-Loaders and currently has more variety on the BL – self-leveling end.
The ML 2.5 allows you to move up to 2500 kg on a self-leveling flatbed (1110mm x 2400mm) on slopes up to 20° maintaining your load safely leveled.
The ML 3.0 FX has a transport capacity of 3000 kg on a fixed flatbed (760mm x 1620mm) but features telescopic extensions on each corner to allow you to change the shape of the flatbed to accommodate various types of loads – dramatically increasing the transport surface. No self-leveling technology here but max gradeability stands at 45°.
If you are looking to move 3000 kg or less your choices are either the ML 2.5 Performance or the ML 3.0 FX.
Speed and Power options
One of the most critical aspects to consider when choosing your material handling equipment is the time you will need to successfully perform the job. The ML 2.5 has a speed of 2.2 km/h but offers continuous self-leveling more suited for mixed indoor and outdoor use while transporting sensitive or easily unbalanced loads. The ML 3.0 FX has three-speed modes: ECO 1.2 km/h, STD 1.8 km/h and POW 4.2 km/h that can be easily selected from the remote controller to allow for flexibility.
Both are fully electric with the following features:
- The ML 2.5 Performance has 8 Lead Crystal 180 Ah 48v batteries that ensure a maximum 10h autonomy and a 110V or 220V electric pump for infinite working cycles. Recharge time? 5 hours.
- The ML 3.0 FX has two battery pack options: AGM or Lithium – and they are interchangeable and easily extractable – no more wasting time waiting for the equipment to charge – just substitute the depleted power pack with a new one!
Overall, much depends on your company’s needs. You should closely examine the specs of the Multi-Loader line, consider your load needs, your terrain type and surroundings and finally the time you have at your disposal to perform the job. No matter which you choose, though, rest assured you’re getting the best in innovative material handling!
Nous avons célébré notre 9ième anniversaire avec une nouvelle vidéo d’entreprise et de grands projets.
En repensant aux débuts fortuits d’AlmaCrawler – ce 2 avril 2013 – nous ne pouvons qu’être très fiers de notre équipe, qui compte désormais plus de 70 membres. En outre, nous sommes honorés par le soutien que nos partenaires et nos clients nous ont manifesté à partir du jour où Andrea Artoni et Pietro Agosta del Forte ont décidé de créer l’entreprise pour la première fois en 9 ans.
Nous nous rappelons bien de la première nacelle à ciseaux à chenilles qui a voyagé dans le monde entier, et que nous avons présentée à tous ceux qui ont cru en nous et en nos idées ! Nous connaissons toutes les entreprises – et leurs propriétaires – qui ont été les premières à acheter un produit Almac (certaines d’entre elles le possèdent et l’utilisent encore aujourd’hui !) Et enfin, aujourd’hui, nous pouvons dire avec confiance que nous nous sommes créé une place dans le secteur de l’Access… c’est extraordinaire ! Au cours des années, notre société s’est beaucoup développée, nous produisons maintenant 5 lignes de produits, nous avons 2 filiales – au Royaume-Uni et en Australie – et plus de 38 revendeurs dans le monde.
En un mot, nous tenons à vous remercier car rien de tout cela n’aurait été possible sans le soutien, la volonté, l’enthousiasme et la promptitude de toute notre équipe.
Profitez de notre nouvelle vidéo d’entreprise, elle a été tournée avec l’aide de toute l’équipe d’AlmaCrawler et est une petite surprise sur laquelle nous avons travaillé ces derniers mois ! Nous nous sommes beaucoup amusés pendant le shooting, alors continuez à nous suivre puisque nous vous proposerons aussi un épisode secret dans les jours à venir !
We are excited to travel to London today to attend the IAPAs – our Billennium SpiderBoom B1890 Quick-Pro has been shortlisted for the IAPA Awards Product of the Year – Self Propelled Booms & Atrium Lifts category.
We’re looking forward to the event tomorrow, 10 March 2022, at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel London Kensington.
We at AlmaCrawler pride ourselves for pushing the boundaries of the status-quo in the aerial platform sector, investing significant resources in research and development with the aim of creating innovation that can simplify and make work safer at high altitudes.
The Billennium line – self-propelled aerial platforms with stabilisers – features two variations for the stabilisation system: VISUAL for products with fixed stabilisation and Quick-Pro for variable area stabilisation. This range of products features two innovative patent-pending systems:
- the first is the AWP system – Adaptive Working Performance – which, thanks to the presence of sensors on the stabilisers, allows the platform to detect the actual position of the machine in real time, automatically adapting its performance;
- the second system is called SPS – Self-Propelled skill System – and allows the platform to be used at height without the use of stabilisers, even on longitudinal slopes of up to 10°.
The Billennium B1890 Quick-Pro model differentiates itself by allowing the operator to easily and simply choose between six different configurations, depending on the space available to the operator. With a working height of 18m, a maximum outreach of 10.9m, and most importantly a travel height of 9m – the only stabilized telescopic tracked platform able to travel at height – it is certainly one of our most innovative products.
Officialy launched in April 2021, the Billennium B1890 EVO Quick-Pro has quickly attracted considerable interest from the industry, even winning the Italplatform Innovative Product award in October 2021, an award we at AlmaCrawler took great pride in.
While we impatiently wait for the IAPA Awards that will be held tomorrow, we can only thank all our customers and partners for the incredible support and interest dedicated to us and our products!